Saturday, March 9, 2013

Scraps I found Saturday

Today I made a card using paper that I found at Tuesday Morning. On a good day you can find 25 sheets of the same print for $1.99 or $2.99. The problem I have is that I use one sheet and the rest just sits on my shelf until I find someone to take it off my hands.

First I cut a 2A card of craft card stock with the Karen Burniston Pop'n Cuts from Sizzix. Then I cut another 2A card with green card stock, trimming 1/4 in. off three sides and inking the edges with Tim Holtz Destressed Ink Vintage Photo adhere it to the front of the card. Cut the decorative paper at 31/3 by 5 adhere to the front of the card.
Next cut green card stock with the Pop'n Cuts and trim the sides at 1/4 in. and ink the edges. With repositionable tape put this paper on the inside of the card.
 
Use Tim Holtz Alterations Movers & Shappers, Mini Labels set, to cut a window in the front of the card. I used decorative tape to hold it in place. 
Front of card and inside of card.
 
Next cut a piece of clear acetate, 3X3 adhere to the inside of card. Then put the green card stock back on. 
I used my Cricut to cut a heart. I used the George Cart. Place the heart on the pop-up.

I used Trendy Twine Twisted Lime to tie on a key charm. My stamp sentiment is from Paper Tray Ink. I cut a keyhole using Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers Keyholes Die, and placed it on the front of card on the acetate.
 
So after all this work I decided I wanted to enter this card in the Trendy Twine March Challenge. But I needed to have a clover on the card, and I don't have anything in my supplies, that looks like a clover. You remember that today I am to use items that I have on hand.
So I used my Cricut Cart Walk in My Garden, and cut several sizes of a flower.
 
 And with a little cutting I think I have something that looks like a 4 leaf clover.
 
I will type a sentiment on my computer that will say
I'm LUCKY to have found all three in YOU!
I will do that tomorrow, it is 6pm and I need to spend some time with my family.
 
Thank you for reading, and have a crafty day.

 

1 comment: