Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Challenge Tuesday

Good Morning, today I am excited to share with you my first challenge project. I will be entering this mini book in the create-to-win-Teresa-Collins.

http://create.northridgepublishing.com/create-to-win-teresa-collins/

This book is only 4" wide so I recommend you print your pictures at 3 1/2" X 5". I printed mine out at 4" X 6" and I had to do a lot of cutting, plus I could not get a pic of my brother dancing  to fit. ( I'll save that pic for another project)

I used Teresa Collins Stamp set for the front, heat embossed and fancy cut, then pop dot.

                                     I cut four strips of He Said She Said Paper line at 4"X12"
I inked the edges of all sides with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stormy Sky.
Next I scored the paper at 4" 5" 6" 7"
I stacked the paper in that order and used my Crop-A-Dial to punch holes 1" from each side. Then thread antique seam binding and tied a bow on the top. 
I recommend you staple your embellishments like banners, especially if you are going to have them hang off the edge. You can use the staples as part of your embellishment or you can cover them like I did.
I made a tri fold by making another 4"x12" and scoring it at 4"and 8"
I created a pocket for a journal card.
I made this page using+ Karen Burniston Pop'n Cuts Die by Sixxiz and Sizzix Thinlits  Arrows, Banners, Chevrons & Clouds Die.
Last page, now I have the rest of the day for journaling!
Thanks for looking and have a Crafty Day. 
 
 

1 comment: