Saturday, July 27, 2013

Christmas In July with Xyron

It's been a while since I last blogged. My part time job has turned in to a full time job for the summer. So by the time I get home it's hard to get into the crafting mood. 

As I was looking at other blogs this last week I was seeing a lot of Christmas in July projects and it gave me some motivation to get crafty. But first I had to clean my studio, and in the processes I came across all of my Xyron adhesives. So the inspiration hit me. I should share with you my love of Xyron and Vintage Christmas decorations.
Today I am making a Christmas Box. I cut a strip of paper 1 1/2 in wide and long enough to go around the box. And once again I am using My Minds Eye, Lost and Found Two Paper.
I ran the paper through the Xyron sticker maker. This will cover the entire back of the paper and will stay nice a snug on the round box.
I took my bone folder and burnished the edges of the paper. Then I pulled the plastic off and I just made a giant sticker.
 I did the same processes for the felt ribbon, and put it around the lid of the box.
I punched a circle for the top of the lid.
There was a small space so I ran the rope through the sticker maker. This is so much easier than using wet glue. I used red for the pictures because it shows up better. But I really like the off white for a more vintage look. 
I am not done with it I still would like to make a bow under the tree but I don't have the right ribbon. And I would like to hot glue some pearls on the tree.
This picture doesn't do it justice but I painted the ends of the branches with Glue-N-Seal then put dry glitter Clear Rock Candy on the glue. In real life it looks like icicles on the tree.    

Thank You for looking, and have a crafty day.
Kristi

      

No comments:

Post a Comment