Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Birthday Card for Dad

Today's card is full of all the new trends. It has Washi Tape, Trendy Twine, Chalkboard Art, Banners, Chevrons and of course Sizzix Pop-in-Cut. This card was for my dad's 83rd birthday, so I pulled out all the stops.

  I started the base of the card with black card stock and the rest of the paper is from MME "Lost in Found 2". I love this paper collection, I have had it for some time but could not bring myself to use it. It has a nice vintage look to it, just fitting for my dad :)  

I used the Sizzix chevron die to cut a mask. then used Broken China and Picket fence Distress Paint, to make a chevron pattern.
I used the On the Edge die for the front of the card.
Next I used the Sizzix banner die and broken china paint.
I used picket fence for the stamp and some clear embossing powder. Then I fussy cut and pop dot it to the front of the card.
I finished the banner with more MME paper and clear stickers. Then added some Wahsi Tape mustaches and tied a banner with some Trendy Twin to the bike.
 This is all I have time for right now. I will be back later to show the pop-up on the inside.

Thanks for reading and have a crafty day!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment