Saturday, April 26, 2014

Mothers Day Craft With Prima Paper

I can't believe that a month has gone by with out having a post! Needless to say my family has had a busy month, with birthdays, Easter, and my son coming home for a long weekend. I have a lot to do to catch-up.

Mary at the Paper Forest gave me a packet from Prima Marketing called Stationer's Desk. I fell in love with this paper immediately,It has a vary vintage look and feel to it.  My paper obsession started to kick in and I was having a hard time thinking of what to make. I have a confession to make, I love to hoard paper!!! If I find something I love I can't part with it. This is probably the real reason I am late on my projects.

My first project is a 3D craft. I made a paper covered tin to hold flowers in for Mothers day. I thought this would be an easy project for kids to help with. It's a vary basic project. Plus with Earth day this last week I felt the need to use something that I would normally throwaway.

I started with this can blueberry filling.


This is my favorite part. I used my free sample of paint from lowes then mixed some grout sand and painted the can.


I picked some paper that would work well with the paint. If you want to make this a real recycled project then you could use some scraps.


I have several different paper layers and I used the red sticky tape for my adhesive.


Simple but pretty.


On the back of the can I used some leftover butterfly's from my card that I made. That should be my next post.

Thanks for reading and have a crafty day
Kristi






No comments:

Post a Comment